Call for Applications AY2021 Career Advancement Project (CAP) Researcher (Part-time) [Application Closed]
AY2021 Career Advancement Project (CAP) Researcher
The purpose of this position is to employ an excellent researcher, who is the spouse of a researcher at
Hiroshima University and wishes to live with their spouse and continue/resume their research, as a
Career Advancement Project researcher (hereinafter referred to as a “CAP Researcher”) for part-time
work. The purpose’s key aim is to promote the continuation or resumption of the career of researchers
whose careers have been postponed due to their spouses’ employment, by nurturing them as researchers
who can be active in diverse areas of society, such as education and research institutes and in industry.
2. Number of positions
3. Term of employment
April 1, 2021 to March 31, 2022 (no renewal planned).
4. Affiliation and duties
The researcher will be affiliated with the graduate school to which their academic supervisor is
assigned to, and will carry out the research work described in their annual research plan (section 9.
Application documents (Form 4)).
(1) Researchers whose spouses are researchers at Hiroshima University, and who wish to continue
or resume their research.
(2) Hold one or more Ph.D. degrees (or expecting to acquire a Ph.D. as of application).
(3) Not employed full-time as of hiring by Hiroshima University (the University).
(4) In possession of a prospective academic supervisor at the University.
(5) Not been employed in this CAP Researcher position (full-time or part-time) in the past.
6. Work hours
Up to 10 hours per week. *Working days/hours are negotiable.
7. Salary and benefits
Based on Hiroshima University’s Regulations for Appointment, Removal, Salaries, Working Hours,
Time-off and Leave of Contracted Teaching and Research-Related Employees
https://education.joureikun.jp/hiroshima_univ/act/frame/frame110000179.htm (only in Japanese)
https://www.hiroshima-u.ac.jp/system/files/142184/110000179_H290101.pdf (in English)
(please note that this English translation is provided as a reference, and if there is a conflict
between the Japanese and English versions, the Japanese language takes precedence).
Salary: The rate for part-time work hours stipulated in Article 145 of the above Regulations shall apply,
(the rate may be limited according to the respective budget/s).
Social insurance, etc.: Industrial accident compensation insurance.
Salary payment date: On the 17th of each month (the salary payment is based on the calculation
period starting from the first day, to the last day of the previous month).
8. Hiring process
(1) First screening (selection based on application documents)
(2) Second screening (selection based on interview)
9. Application documents
(1) CV (Form 1)
– If you have been previously employed by the University (including as a TA, RA, researcher, etc.),
details of this employment must be included on the form.
– Non-Japanese citizens must attach a copy of their residence card (both sides of the card,
with the detailed information being clearly readable).
*Upon hiring, those without permission to engage in activities other than those permitted under
the status of residence previously granted must apply for permission to do so.
(2) List of Research Achievements (Form 2)
(3) Application for Career Advancement Project (CAP) Researcher (Form 3)
– Career path as personally envisioned
– Research status to date
– Paper preparation plan
– Notable extramural activities such as participation in academic societies and study abroad
(4) Annual Research Plan (Form 4)
(5) Letter of Recommendation (Form 5)
(6) Letter of Consent (Form 6)
10. Application method and deadline
Application method: By mail:
On the front of the envelope, please write “Career Advancement Project (CAP) Researcher
(Part-time) application documents” in red ink, and post it by registered mail.
Application deadline: Applications must be received by 5 p.m. on Friday, November 6, 2020.
11. Notification of selection results
Successful candidates will be notified by email in February 2021.
12. Duties, obligations, etc. of CAP Researchers
(1) To carry out research based on the plan described in the annual research plan.
(2) To indicate when presenting research findings that the research was conducted with the status
of a CAP Researcher.
(3) To actively strive to obtain external funding.
(5) To actively attend the Practical Programs organized by the Global Career Design Center at
(6) To submit a monthly report describing research progress and a final report describing
achievements during the term of employment following the completion of the research term.
13. Name of hiring organization
14. Contact information for submitting application and questions
(CAPWR office) Planning Group
Dept. of Research and Academia-Government-Community Collaboration,
Office of Research and Academia-Government-Community Collaboration,
1-1-1 Kagamiyama, Higashi-Hiroshima, Hiroshima, 739-8524, Japan.
TEL：(+81) 82-424-5289 (Extension: Higashi-Hiroshima 5289)
(1) Probationary employment period: Six (6) months (Hiroshima University Work Regulations for
(2) Personal information obtained through the application documents will be used for the purpose
of selecting candidates and for procedures necessary for HR, salary and welfare programs, along
with statistical surveys, after appointment. The information will not be used or provided for any
(3) Application documents will not be returned. The application documents of the candidates whom
we have decided not to employ will be disposed of in an appropriate manner by the University
after the completion of the selection process.
(4) Travel expenses for interviews shall be the responsibility of the candidate.